Thu, Nov 16|
Eagle View Elementary School Gym
BOOSTERTHON Glow Run
Our biggest fundraiser of the year - Boosterthon - is here! We are raising $38,000 for Technology Upgrades and Educational Programs and we NEED your help!
Time & Location
Nov 16, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Eagle View Elementary School Gym, 4500 Dixie Hill Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
About the event
What is a Boosterthon? The Boosterthon fundraiser is a multi-day event from November 6 - 16th, culminating in a fun run on the 16th, that aims to bring fitness and character to our school while we raise money. This year we’re transforming our fun run into an indoor Glow Run that we hope will deliver an extra cool experience that students will talk about for the rest of the year! Parents are invited to add to the fun and come cheer on their student(s) in the gym. When we have created a schedule of grades running in the gym, we encourage you to invite the parents of your students to participate in the event.
Why do we need a fundraiser? Our Eagle View PTA strives to support our teachers and provide every student in our school with the best educational opportunities we can. While we have a lot of things to fund (as shown in our attached budget), this year we are especially focused on new overhead projectors and extra educational programs such as STEM Week and Literacy Week.
Our 23-24 Goal. This year our goal is to raise $38,000, or about $60 per student.
How can I help? Log onto mybooster.com, sign up or log in, search for Eagle View Glow Run, and register your student(s). Registering will create a fundraising page exclusive to your student(s). Contribute if you can, then send that link to friends, family, businesses or anyone you think would like to contribute to our goal.
Prizes. Students will receive prizes from Booster for registering and hitting fundraising milestones. For extra fun, we’ve collaborated with the EVES teachers to provide the following incentives:
- Every class that meets their class goal gets an Ice Cream and Pajama Day Party.
- Extra recess for the grade with the most new donations the night of the 14th.
- When you meet your halfway goal, your class will get a visit from our snack cart*. PTA will reach out to you to schedule the best time for a visit, and to discuss any special considerations.
- If you reach your next fundraising milestone between Program Day 2 to Day 3*. PTA will reach out to you to schedule the best time for a visit, and to discuss any special considerations.
- The class to register the most students on mybooster.com by November 13 gets an Ice Cream/Ice Pop Party.
Prizes for the top earning classrooms (per capita):
- First Place: Bouncy House Party
- Second Place: Color your Own T-shirt Party, Glow Light Dance Party, or Pizza and Movie Party* (students get to vote!)
- Third Place: Color your Own T-shirt Party, Glow Light Dance Party, or Pizza and Movie Party* (students get to vote!)
- Spirit Awards: Top three students will receive a certificate and a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Student with the donation from the farthest away gets a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Three students with the most donations will each receive $50 Amazon gift cards.
- Teachers of the three classrooms with the most donations** receive $100, $75, and $50 gift cards of your choice.
- If we reach $20,000, Ms. Bowman and Ms. Wilson will receive a pie in the face!
- If we reach our goal of $38,000, Principal An will get covered silly string!